Florence City break
Direct City Break Sold Out.
Waitlist only, please call 01534 496687.
Why not look at FlyDirect’s city break to Barcelona instead?
Blue Islands and Bontour bring you, Florence and Tuscany DIRECT
We’re delighted announce that local airline Blue Islands (a Flybe franchisee) and our fantastique Bontour team, have organised a fabulous direct trip, especially tailored for Channel Islanders. Be ready to live La Dolce Vita and shop in fashionable haute-couture boutiques as we are taking you next to the Capital of Tuscany, the enchanting Florence! Perfect for an Autumnal break, the Cradle of the Renaissance has a lot to offer and you will have three full days to explore its incomparable artistic heritage and discover its magnificent churches, palaces and museums. And finish it all off with a nice glass of Brunello di Montalcino, prego!
Inclusive City Break
3 nights on Friday 19th October to Monday 22nd October from only £629 per person
Direct flight to Florence from Guernsey & Jersey.
Jersey flights will stop-over in Guernsey: outbound passengers will remain on the plane. Inbound, passengers will be required to pass through customs.
To view the full prices and information about the Florence city break trip, please click here.
Top 5 things to do in Florence
- The Duomo - When in Florence, make sure you head to the city’s most iconic landmark, the magnificent Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral and its Duomo. You will be impressed by the Cathedral’s detailed facade and majestic interior, a fine example of the intricate works of the best Renaissance artists. Climbing to the top of the Duomo is a must to admire Florence’s beautiful skyline of weaving tiled roofs.
- Ponte Vecchio - Stroll along the oldest bridge of the city, the Ponte Vecchio, overlooking the Arno river. Browse the many centuries-old jewellery shops lining both sides of the bridge that still remain today.
- Cappella Medicea - Visit the grand Medici Chapel, or cappella Medicea, housing monuments to the infamous Medici family. The Medici family, which controlled Florence throughout much of the Renaissance, played a large part in the patronage of the arts and the political development of the city.
- Fashion in Florence – The Elegant Capital boasts with designer shops such as Gucci and Emilio Pucci where you will be able to indulge your fashion fantasies and shop Haute-Couture, made in Italy. Don’t miss Market day in Florence, the hunt for a leather jacket at the San Lorenzo market is a rite of passage for all Fashion aficionados!
- Food and Views - Why not sit down, relax and watch the world go by, from above, at Piazzelle de Michaelangelo? Locals will say that the best time to go is at the end of the day, to watch the sunset and indulge in some tasty Prosciutto and a glass (or two!) of flavoursome local wine…
Welcome to Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance, a romantic, captivating and utterly irresistible city. Florence defies description, often called the most beautiful city in Italy. Its incredible heritage - it was culturally and artistically one of the most important cities in Europe and the world between the 14th to 16th centuries - is more than impressive and will blow your mind.
Few cities are so compact and packed with extraordinary art and architecture masterpieces at every turn. It has hardly changed since the Renaissance and its narrow cobbled streets are a feast of elegant 15th and 16th century palazzi (palaces), medieval candle-lit chapels, fresco-decorated churches, marble basilicas and world-class art museums, brimming with paintings and sculptures by world-famous artists such as Botticelli or Michelangelo. Unsurprisingly, the entire city centre is a UNESCO World Heritage site. However, don’t be startled by the unbelievable number of Art Monuments and palaces, as the city centre is very easy to get around.
Aside from the Medieval and Renaissance marvels, the array of chic boutiques and designer shops is remarkable and almost competes with Italy’s fashion capital Milan. Make sure you spend some time browsing the shops like a true Florentine and why not indulge in statement jewellery on the oldest bridge in Florence, il Ponte Vecchio? Why not stop at a Café for a frothy cappuccino and a flaky pastry? You will easily find your way back and be ready to embrace the grandeur of Florence and its marvellous palaces and magnificent museums.
Italians are very passionate and welcoming, renowned for their sophistication and appreciation of history. And while they stand back and admire the beautiful feats of their predecessors, they themselves are well decorated and dressed to impress any fashionista. With culture around every corner in Florence, it’s hard to know where to start. Like a true Italian; don’t rush, they take life at a slower pace, taking time to enjoy life. Allow yourself a few hours to wander around aimlessly, like a local, and get lost down the web of charming cobbled alleys and pausing from time to time to enjoy la dolce vita!
Italian food and culture go hand in hand like Florence and Tuscany. Food belongs to Italian history and culture as much as Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci do. A visit to Florence implies a rewarding food journey. Start with the traditional dishes such as a delicious thin and crispy pizza drowned in savoury toppings or a full plate of creamy spaghetti, to wash down with a generous glass of thick and flavoursome red wine. Why not end your foodie adventure with a luscious and fluffy gelato? After all, Florence is the birthplace of the world’s most desired ice cream.
October is one of the best times to visit Florence. At this time of year, the city enjoys an average of seven hours of daily sunshine The average temperature at this time of the year is around 21 degree Celsius, perfect for gelato!
Hotel Delle Nazioni, Florence
The Hotel Delle Nazioni is located in Florence, Italy, across the street from the Santa Maria Novella StationView »
Palazzo Gaddi, Florence
Palazzo Gaddi is housed in the Renaissance Palazzo Gaddi, dating back to 1596 and boasting traditional Florentine Baroque hallsView »
Starhotels Tuscany, Florence
Starhotels Tuscany brings authentic Italian charm and contemporary comfort to Northern Florence’s new business district NovoliView »
Florence City Break By Blue Islands and Bontour
Enjoy a 3 night direct break to the wonderful city of FlorenceView