Travel wellbeing during times of coronavirus
At Bontour, your safety is our priority and your peace of mind is our concern. We want to update you on new information in relation to reducing the spread of coronavirus while holidaying with us.
Borders are opening up and our holiday favourites are starting to welcome back tourists. Each country now has its own safety measures in place to ensure your wellbeing while holidaying there. Some of these new procedures are detailed below to help you plan your holiday with confidence.
REQUIREMENTS ON ENTRY TO FRANCE AND WHILST ON HOLIDAY
All travellers from the UK, including children aged 11 and above, will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure.
Details can be found on the FCDO website.
During your stay:
To many of you, travelling to France will be very familiar, however there are now some new procedures in place to ensure your safety. As these are changing regularly, we advise you review this page before travel. Should you be booked on a holiday with us, we will make sure that you have all the up to date information that you need as is correct at time of travel.
REQUIREMENTS ON ENTRY TO ENGLAND AND WHILST ON HOLIDAY
Arrivals from the Channel Islands are not required to quarantine on arrival.
During your stay:
England has ‘Stay Alert’ guidance in place as per the below:
- Social distancing of 2 metres, or ‘1m plus’
- Face masks are required on public transport, in shops and supermarkets
For full information please review the Government website.
REQUIREMENTS ON RE-ENTRY TO JERSEY ON RETURN FROM HOLIDAY
The Government of Jersey has a Safer Travel Policy in place. To find out the most up-to-date details please visit the Government of Jersey website.
REQUIREMENTS ON RE-ENTRY TO GUERNSEY ON RETURN FROM HOLIDAY
For information on the current entry requirements when returning to Guernsey, please visit the States of Guernsey website.
WELLBEING MEASURES IN YOUR ACCOMMODATION
Hotels across Europe are committed to providing a safe environment for you whilst on holiday. You may notice there are some new measures in place for your peace of mind such as:
- Social distancing throughout including bars and restaurants
- Payment by card rather than cash is encouraged
- Self-service buffets may now be serviced by staff wearing masks
- Shared facilities e.g gym, spa, swimming pool, playgrounds will have increased hygiene measures and social distancing in place. In gyms and spas, some equipment or treatments may no longer be available
- Lift capacity may be redefined to ensure social distancing
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be readily available throughout properties
- Increased measures are in place for room cleaning during your stay