Brexit Ready For Travel
Travel to the EU for British passport holders will change from 1st January 2021 as the UK is no longer part of the European Union.
When travelling to Spain, there will now be some changes following Brexit. You need to make sure you have everything you will need in place before you travel. The below will help you prepare for your 2021 holiday:
- Check your passport, on the day of travel it must:
- You will not need visas for short trips to Europe
- At border control, you may need to show your return ticket and that you have enough money for your stay
- Make sure you have adequate travel insurance that covers your healthcare
- Check you have the right driving documents. You might need an international driving permit (IDP). You can check this on the UK Post Office website. IDPs cost £10, for more information visit the Parishes website.
For further information read ABTA’s advice for travellers or visit the Government of Jersey website / States of Guernsey website.