Prague Christmas Markets
Direct City Break Sold Out.
Waitlist only, please call 01534 496687.
Blue Islands and Bontour bring you, Prague Christmas Markets DIRECT
We’re delighted announce that local airline Blue Islands (a Flybe franchisee) and our fantastique Bontour team, have organised a fabulous direct trip especially tailored for Channel Islanders. Sit down and buckle up, the destination is the magnificent City of a Hundred Spires, the historical capital of Bohemia; the magical city of Prague! And the best part is that you will be there on the 1st December, arriving in time to witness the unwrapping of this year’s wonderful and world-famous Christmas Markets; we can already smell the sweet scent of traditional pastries and mulled wine…
Inclusive City Break
3 nights on Friday 30th November to Monday 3rd December 2018 from only £569 per person
Direct flight to Florence from Guernsey & Jersey.
Jersey flights will stop-over in Guernsey: outbound passengers will remain on the plane, inbound passengers will be required to pass through customs.
To view the full prices and information about the Prague Christmas Markets trip, please click here.
Top 5 things to do in Prague
- Watch one of the best preserved mechanical clocks in the world, the Astronomical Clock, strike the hour.
- Cross the Vltava river over the beautiful stone Charles Bridge, lined with baroque statues, street performers and local craft vendors
- Explore UNESCO Prague Castle standing tall above the city, having been the seat of Czech rulers since the 9th century.
- Indulge on Trdelnik, a three-dimensional rolled pastry served warm with some devilish fillings.
- Listen to a classical Christmas concert in one of Prague’s many churches and historical buildings.
Christmas Markets & Shopping
Visit Prague at this beautiful time of year. The city is small enough to discover on foot, enjoy the atmosphere by strolling along the narrow cobblestone streets of the old town and by browsing the delights of enchanting decorated wooden huts at the different markets spread across the compact city centre. The Prague Christmas Markets will open on the 1st December 2018 giving you more than 2 full days to enjoy the winter wonderland. The main markets are in the Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square, only 5 minutes away from each other. There are also smaller charming markets near other atmospheric landmarks such as the St. George’s Basilica, at Prague Castle.
Grab a drink, browse the stalls, soak up the festive atmosphere and fill your bag with decorations, traditional Christmas cakes, wooden toys, Bohemian crystals and local crafts. Don’t forget to sample some delicious and succulent Czech food, all of which can be washed down with a tasty and traditional Czech beer.
Top Prague Christmas Markets:
- Old Town Square: One of the best known markets in Europe and the largest in the country. A huge Christmas Tree is surrounded by merriment, music and wooden huts selling food, drink and an in-exhaustive selection of festive wares. There is also a real life nativity with farm yard animals.
- Wenceslas Square: The second largest market in the city and well known for its wooden toys and local crafts made from steel, glass and iron. Situated in the heart historical Prague this market is the perfect stop for mulled wine and braided cake, yum!
- Peace Square: This market has a beautiful backdrop of stunning landmark buildings such as the National House of Vinohrady. It offers a real authentic experience being frequented by locals.
- Republic Square: Bring your appetite, the best for traditional food! Hams on spits, barbequed sausages, cakes dusted with sugar and sweet pastries, all washed down with a local beer!
- Prague Castle becomes alive in the pictoral, St George’s Square, with more than 70 stalls in this historical and regal setting.
Early December is one of the prettiest times to visit Prague when you can expect light snowfall and festive charm. The average temperature at this time of the year is around 1 degree Celsius. A thermal layer is advised as well as waterproofs and suitable footwear.
Newly opened in September 2013, the Pentahotel Prague is located within a 15-minute walk from the Old Town and Wenceslas SquaresView »
Courtyard by Marriott, Prague
The centrally located Courtyard by Marriott Prague City is situated opposite a shopping centre and a metro station.View »
Majestic Plaza, Prague
The elegant Majestic Plaza is located right in the heart of Prague, only 300 m from the famous Wenceslas Square.View »